Sukhumala • A Graceful Font for Body text

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Sukhumala • A Graceful Font for Body text

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 2.53 fixes numerous bugs, adds Stylistic Alternates, unifies font metrics, and improves PANOSE classification.
Sukhumala Preview.png
Sukhumala Preview.png (36.23 KiB) Viewed 8627 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Version 2.54 fixed a few more bugs. MainType 10 has been very useful by identifying inconsistencies in font metrics, Panose classification, etc.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Hi BP--I just watched a YouTube video from Quark for the new dot release of QXP and noticed they were using this font to demonstrate a couple of the new added OT Features (one of which is afrc).

I've only recognized a few fonts by people I know in various TV shows, etc. It was pretty neat seeing the use of Sukhumala in the video.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thanks for the feedback Mike. Did they mention anything about the innovative use of hlig for Roman Numerals?

I have had a lot of pleasure from working on this font. Initially, some Vietnamese Buddhists contacted me as they liked the Goudy OldStyle typeface, but most versions lack the necessary Latin-Extended Additional characters required. They also advised me on the placement of accents for acircumflexacute, acircumflexgrave, acircumflexhook, etc., which is different to other fonts. The accents are usually stacked vertically.
Times New Roman.png
Times New Roman.png (15.12 KiB) Viewed 8439 times
Sukhumala.png
Sukhumala.png (23.37 KiB) Viewed 8439 times
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:08 pm Thanks for the feedback Mike. Did they mention anything about the innovative use of hlig for Roman Numerals? ...
No, but hlig is one of the new features the video shows, but with the AA pair you included in the hlig feature. Petite caps is the 3rd new OT Feature added with this update, again using your font.

I've linked to the video at the point where the OT Feature additions start.

NOTE: if you have sound on your computer, you may wish to turn down the volume before clicking the link.

https://youtu.be/iCmIM2HTu2I?t=51