8 free fonts I made with FC free-downloadable on my site

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
JP

8 free fonts I made with FC free-downloadable on my site

Post by JP »

Hi,
You can go on my site to download 8 fonts I've made with Font Creator, they are 100% free, the last one is born a few days ago, its name is "Argor Fast Scaqh" (that means "Argor's Pomp Writing" in Silarg, an artificial language I've invented).
My site: http://www.argor.org
Go after at "Free Fonts" in the left menu (down the menu, almost in the end) or directly there http://argor.org/TC/TC.htm
Voila one of them named "Argor Biw Scaqh" (that means "Argor's Nice Writing" in Silarg):
Important: Most of diacritics exist in my 8 fonts (For French, Turkish, &c.)
Enjoy ! :D
Good bye
j;p) Mallaroni or Argor from Paris - France.
19/08/2015.
PS : You can also find them in the http://www.dafont.com/ site still for free, to find them in this site, search the words "Argor" or "JP Mallaroni"...
Les jours passent comme des boeufs et ne me voient pas...
Days pass like oxen and do not see me...
U dils shihd cwaj bows ej vwihd on aqh...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: 8 free fonts I made with FC free-downloadable on my site

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thank you for sharing your work. I deleted your other thread as a duplicate. If you want to discuss some aspects of your font design please post a new thread in the General Font Discussion or Type Design forums. I noticed some technical issues in your fonts. I am not sure how important they are:
  1. Font Revision was set to zero
  2. Copyright info in the Trademark Field
  3. Caps-Height and x-Height were set to zero
  4. No Ranges or Characters sets were checked (I think it may be import to calculate them).
  5. No Panose Information was set. Cut and Paste 3-4-6-2-4-7-8-2-5-5 to the Value field would be better than nothing
  6. There are some incomplete characters that could be deleted
  7. Running the Font Validator would fix some issues with redundant nodes etc.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
JP

Post by JP »

Hi,
I posted twice my post because I used this forum a long time ago & didn't put my post in the good "place" right arrived, I think one question or answer made It's after impossible to edit or suppress it, that is an important issue to propose finally those possibilities to users because It's less practical this present way. When a post is send no way to change. Thank you to have make it for me.

Concerning my fonts, I know they get mistakes but I don't master totally the FC soft the way you do.
Maybe it would be kind to you to show me the way to reach the good result for any issue you found a problem & what is the problem, cos' my English is not top & to understand such the terms you use is already difficult for me, so, you can imagine for me the difficulty to correct anything in this condition of misunderstanding.

Best regards.
Les jours passent comme des boeufs et ne me voient pas...
Days pass like oxen and do not see me...
U dils shihd cwaj bows ej vwihd on aqh...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It's easy to delete duplicate threads. Don't worry about that. I can also move threads if they are posted in the wrong subforum.

Most of the issues can be fixed from the Font Properties dialogue.
  1. Font Revision was set to zero: Font Properties, Identification Tab, set to 1.0 for initial release, then increment to 1.1, or 1.01 each time you update a font. Then users know if they have the latest version or not.
  2. Copyright info in the Trademark Field: Font Properties, Legal Tab. Delete the Trademark field unless you have a Registered Trademark Marquee Déposée
  3. Caps-Height and x-Height were set to zero: Font Properties, Metrics, Calculate
  4. No Ranges or Characters sets were checked: Font Properties, Ranges Tab, Calculate
  5. No Panose Information was set. Font Properties, Characteristics. Paste 3-4-6-2-4-7-8-2-5-5 to the Value field
  6. There are some incomplete characters that could be deleted: Glyph Overview Panel on left, select "Incomplete Characters."
  7. Running the Font Validator: Font Menu, Validate
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486