- Sharing fonts here does not mean that others may take them and use them as their own. That depends on the terms of the license agreement that you specify. If it is not specifically stated to be in the Public Domain, always assume that a font is protected by copyrights. Only assume that you can download and install them to try them out for the purpose of offering feedback. Always read the license terms and conditions carefully.
- Fill in the copyright details, license agreement, license agreement link, and other details in Font Properties.
- To avoid repeating work, fill in the Placeholder text on the Personalize Tab of the FontCreator Options dialogue.
- If you attach the original Font Project file (with the *.fcp extension) others can see notes, guidelines, unmapped or empty glyphs, and the Font Export options. This may help them to troubleshoot problems. However, those who are not using the latest version of FontCreator won't be able to open them.
- OpenType or TrueType font files can be opened by anyone and easily installed, even by those not using FontCreator.
- Use 7-Zip to compress files. Especially if attaching an entire font family of TrueType or OpenType fonts, it will be much smaller, but there is not much benefit in compressing *.fcp files. Several files can be selected and uploaded at once using the Attachments Tab below the forum message box.
- It is often useful to attach a screen shot of the font too, which you can take from the Font Test dialogue or Preview Toolbar.
A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Top Typographer
- Posts: 7442
- Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:28 am
- Location: Seven Kings, London UK
Here are a few tips for sharing your fonts here:
- Parisienne Regular.fcp
- (101.84 KiB) Downloaded 50 times