Font Information pane inconsistent

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
cpking

Font Information pane inconsistent

Post by cpking »

I am trying to clean up my library and HD space used for fonts. The Font Information pane in MainType is inconsistent in what is shows. While not all fonts would necessarily have tags/metadata embedded in them, I would expect the file location to be displayed for every font. Am I missing something or should this be the case?
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Information pane inconsistent

Post by Alfred »

Are the ‘missing’ fonts actually present within the folder structure on your computer? Even if you’ve deleted them from there, they can still exist within the MainType vault.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
cpking

Post by cpking »

Well that certainly makes things interesting. I have no idea where the font files were - I have a huge collection of fonts. Part of what I was trying to do was to physically clean up the directory structure as well...

So I guess the question is how do I get rid of font entries in my database for those files that are truly missing?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See help on Deleting Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486