How do I move Fonts in virtual Font-Folders?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Sir Buvex

How do I move Fonts in virtual Font-Folders?

Post by Sir Buvex »

Hello, I tried to create a virtual font folder by clicking on the second icon in the groups panel. This worked. But when I tried to move fonts via drag and drop in there, just like the description in the manual (https://www.high-logic.com/maintype/manual11/) nothing happens and the font didn't appeared in the group menu.
It would be great if someone can help me!
Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How do I move Fonts in virtual Font-Folders?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See Font Folders.
If you want to keep a specific folder in sync with MainType, do select the “Keep in Sync” option. Keep in sync groups are special groups that represent a folder structure on the file system. These types of groups cannot be moved, deleted or renamed from within MainType. To perform these types of operation, use your File Explorer and synchronize the root folder in MainType. Adding fonts to such groups will actually copy them into the corresponding folder on your computer.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
TimS

Re: How do I move Fonts in virtual Font-Folders?

Post by TimS »

If that answer, and the link to the 'Folders' section of the manual helped Sir Buvex, than he is much smarter than I am...

I too can't populate groups, except by choosing the 'Create groups after indexing...' when adding the folder, and that is NOT what I want. I would like to have project specific groups that I can load and unload, but I can't get any fonts to move in to a group.

I created a group from the 'Add a new group' on the Group Panel. I then tried to drag and drop fonts from the 'View' window. I see a (+copy) when I hover over the group I'm trying to drag to, but when I release the left mouse button nothing happens and the 0 for number of fonts in the groups stays at 0. I am assuming I am missing something, since if it didn't work that would be documented somewhere... Wouldn't it?

--tks
TimS

Re: How do I move Fonts in virtual Font-Folders? -- Solved

Post by TimS »

I found the problem:

If 'Toggle Family Grouping' is turned on in the view window, drag and drop to Groups will fail.

Turn off 'Toggle Family Grouping' and it works fine.

--tks