Mulitple font samples sent to PDF Printer

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Lee

Mulitple font samples sent to PDF Printer

Post by Lee »

Superb Software! keep up the good work.

I'm trying to create a PDF file to allow my customers a familar/effective way to choose fonts for their printing needs. When I select a large number of fonts (200-1000) some of the fonts goto Acrobat correctly, some do not (they are substituted with other fonts). If I choose the same fonts in smaller blocks (25-50) and send to the PDF Printer they come out fine. I can then assemble (using Acrobat 7.0 Pro)them into a usable document for my customers. When your working with large numbers the job can be tedious. Is there some setting i'm missing?

Lee
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Printing to a virtual printer can cause problems due to bugs in your virtual printer driver. Updating the driver might help.

Note: in order for a virtual printer driver to embed a font, the font must have the internal embedding flag set and the driver must support font embedding.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Embeding Flag

Post by Dave Crosby »

the font must have the internal embedding flag set
I assume this can be done with Font Creator. What are the steps?
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I assume this can be done with Font Creator. What are the steps?
Format, Settings, General, Font Embedding - Licensing Rights, Edit

The Information is shown in MainType, Information, Metrics, Embedding, but cannot be edited there. Fonts can be sorted by the "Embedding" column.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486