Running Main Type in a Limited User Account

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
albeter

Running Main Type in a Limited User Account

Post by albeter »

Does anyone have any ideas on how to run Main Type while logged in as a Limited User Account?

I know that one can use the "Run As" feature and provide the user name and password of an Administrative Acount User, but that procedure has many shortcomings: 1) The Limited User must also have access to the PC as an Administrator (not something one may want to do), and 2) any settings changed while running the application in this manner are retained when also logged in as the Administrator (i.e, the Limited User cannot have their own settings seperate from the Administrative User).

I am wondering if by defining certain Policies (using the Policy editor) a Limited User can be given only those particular rights needed to run Main Type and none others.

Does anyone have experience in running Main Type in a Limited User Account environment?
tevert

Post by tevert »

Try giving users access to the following registry keys (just right click the key in REGEDIT, select "permissions", add the user(s) or group, and give them full control):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Type 1 Installer\Type 1 Fonts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Fonts

So far, this has appeared to work for me! :idea:
albeter

Proposed Solution Works

Post by albeter »

Tevert,

Your solution works for me.

Thank you for the tip!