Can unloaded fonts remain unloaded after a system restart?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ai-team

Can unloaded fonts remain unloaded after a system restart?

Post by ai-team »

Is it possible to let the unloaded fonts remain unloaded after a restart of the system? I think it's a presetting of MainType, that every font is set to status "loaded" after a system restart. But is it possible somehow, to avoid this? I think it's quite time-consuming, to do this every day, if there are some fonts, that I like to be unloaded during my work to accelerate the systems performance.
Is there any solution to my problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You should Load the fonts that you don't need every day instead of installing them. Then they will be gone after a system restart.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ai-team

Post by ai-team »

You mean: first uninstall all the fonts on my system and then load just those who I want to use? Right?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

No. Don't unintsall all of the fonts, just those that you don't use regularly. Do not uninstall Windows system fonts even if you think that you don't use them.

Group your other fonts, and load the group for a particular project.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ai-team

Post by ai-team »

Thanks! I tested it and it works perfectly! :D