MAIN TYPE IS CRASHING! Please Help

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
doppelganger

MAIN TYPE IS CRASHING! Please Help

Post by doppelganger »

MainType has been my favorite font viewer for it's subfolder viewing.

Not too long ago, the program started acting really screwy. It starts up - loads a few fonts for viewing then stops and crashes.

Im on a Dell PC Intel core 2 quad with 4GB of Ram, plenty of disk space, with regular cleaning, and running on windows xp.

I've trying uninstalling, and re-installing, repairing, powering down and restarting my desktop... and still nothing.

I have had to move to font expert for the time being... the search feature is nice... but it's very frustrating without the subfolder viewing.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong? If not - do you know of a program like maintype that features a subfolders view?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Last time someone came to me with a similar problem, it was because he was using a cracked version of our software. The illegal version also contained a virus that destroyed several critical system files, so in the end he had to reinstall Windows. Now he is a paid and happy customer. Please make sure you download our software from a legitimate site, preferable from high-logic.com.

Please send me a private message, so I can identify you as a customer, and then I'll send you a link to a special build of MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
doppelganger

Post by doppelganger »

I have a purchased copy and am still experiencing problems. What can I do to fix this problem? Please help
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I've just send a private message to you, that has a link to an upcoming release of MainType. Do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
doppelganger

FIXED

Post by doppelganger »

After receiving a special build of MainType - The program is running great. Thanks for your help Erwin!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to know the special build did solve the problem. Enjoy the software!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
lutz

Post by lutz »

Erwin, I also neeed a "special build" :D
(It is just for the Ego, but .....)
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

No problem. If you have a valid license for MainType, do contact me and I'll send you the link to the special build.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
madmotts

Re: MAIN TYPE IS CRASHING! Please Help

Post by madmotts »

I think i need the special build too. MT goes into this loop with an alert box "Windows - no disk" "exception processing message."

do I just email support?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I just send you the download link for MainType 2.2.

Do let us know if this solves the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
roymiller

Post by roymiller »

Hi Erwin,

Don't know if this is related to the OP issue, but I just downloaded the trial version of MainType and when I interact with the app, or even when I open other apps, I get a dialog that says, "Not enough storage is available to process this command." I'm running XP SP3 on an Intel quad box with 3GB of RAM, so I don't think I'm underpowered. Any idea what the problem might be?

I'm obviously not a paying customer yet, since I'm using the trial version, but I'd sure love to be able to actually try it :)

Thanks.

Roy
congozilla

Post by congozilla »

Hello, My Main Type is crashing too. I downloaded the trial, used it quite happily for 30 days, took another ten days to think it over, decided to purchase and received my registration via eMail. Ever since registration, it's just crash, crash, crash. Seconds after launching the software freezes and windows reports that its not responding. I've tried re-installing, re-booting, everything I can think of, but ever since I registered earlier this evening, the software just keeps freezing up right after it's launched and finished building the list of fonts installed on my Windows XP.

Thank you in anticipation of all of your consideration. Please help.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Are you running the latest release of MainType? At the moment it is MainType version 3.0.0.126 as available from our download page.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
congozilla

Post by congozilla »

Yes, I'm running Version 3.0.0.0.126.
Redvy

Post by Redvy »

Hi Erwin,

I think you helped me before where my maintype was crashing and you sent me a link. Well my computer broke and I got a new one and It's doing the same thing. Seems like my messages and previous post where deleted. It was around last year end of march.

Let me know if you can help :(