After unloading, Fonts folder shows a 0 KB font

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
opeter

After unloading, Fonts folder shows a 0 KB font

Post by opeter »

Hello everybody,

I've got a problem. I tryed loading some fonts with Maintype, well everything worked so far fine*, but now, I've got a font in my Windows folder, that I simply cannot delete, because it says "Cannot delete file. File or disk cannot be found". The size for that font is showed as 0 KB.

So, here is the Maintype window; the font is nowhere to be seen:

And here is the Windows Fonts folder:

As I already wrote, I get the following message - "Cannot delete file. File or disk cannot be found", if I try to delete that font:

*I already understand, that rather loading a font it is better to install it, since after a second it will show up in let's say Adobe InDesign Font list. If I try to load the font, it will never show up in there. Don't know why. But installing/uninstalling works fine.

The funny is, that if I load a font in some programs, like WordPad this works great, the loaded font shows up in the font menu, right after loading it.

My PC configuration:
- Core 2 Duo E6420
- 3 GB RAM
- GeForce 7300GS
- 250 GB HDD
- Windows XP 32,bit SP-3, slovene

What should I do?

Thanks you in advance for you response!

Greetings from Slovenia,
Peter
EDIT: Funny, after restarting this 0 KB font disappeared. I don't understand why the unloading didn't work.

Anyway, can someone help me out, why loading of PS-Type1 fonts in MainType don't work in Adobe CS3 programs? Why must i install them?

Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Re: After unloading, Fonts folder shows a 0 KB font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

They probably need to be installed, as that way the software can find the location of the font file.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
opeter

Post by opeter »

Thank you Erwin. :)

I was wondering, why this simple function doesn't work with Type 1 fonts. It has something to do with Windows, that's for sure (as you wrote the programs needs to find the right location of T1 fonts, oh, well). Loading of OTF (PS), OTF(TTF) and TTF fonts works fine, without any problems.

Is there any way, I could split the "group" panel and the preview fonts panel, so that I could have these two side-by-side, rather than one beneath the other?
I tryed every option in the View/Layout menu, but had no luck.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can drag and drop the panels to their desired positions. You can hide panels if you like. Then if you're satisfied with the new layout, go store it as one of the two custom layouts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology