Can't shortcut font into a group

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ocean_jasper

Can't shortcut font into a group

Post by ocean_jasper »

I am trying to add fonts as SHORTCUTS rather than actually copying / moving them to a group. I successfully moved two fonts by right-clicking and selecting the appropriate options from the context menus.

However, the next fonts that I did in the exact same way never appeared in the HANDWRITTEN group at all. I tried multiple times with one font, and multiple times with another. In every case I didn't get an error message ... it appeared to process without a hitch, but never appeared in the new location. Refreshing the group list did not change the content.

Thanks in advance for your help here!
Elise
Erwin Denissen

Re: Can't shortcut font into a group

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm not able to reproduce this, so can you please give if detailed instructions that allow us to further investigate the issue? Also what version of MainType are you running?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ocean_jasper

Post by ocean_jasper »

I'm running MainType 3, the trial version. I plan to purchase it as soon as I can get the groups function to work correctly. I'm using it on an HP G70-460US Notebook PC, running Windows 7.

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Right-click the font I want to classify
2. Select ADD TO GROUP
3. Select HANDWRITTEN (the name of my group)
4. Select the radio button SHORTCUT
5. Select OKAY.

A screen flashes briefly appearing to process the request, and no error message appears; but the fonts do not appear in the HANDWRITTEN group. I also tried creating a new group, CAPITALS, with the same result.

It's the same result with multiple fonts, and is the same whether I add them to the group singly or several at a time.

Thanks!
Elise
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We've identified the problem; it is related to fonts that reside in the Windows fonts folder. We will release a new version that contains the bugfix soon.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology