64 bit version ?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
artdesign

64 bit version ?

Post by artdesign »

Hello,

I just got a new computer, WIN 7, and upgraded my Main Type to version 3.

On my previous computer, Main Type handled almost 3000 fonts with ease.

On my new system, I am waiting, waiting, and then waiting some more to get a few hundred fonts to appear.

I was wondering if the new version 3 is 64 bit, or a 32 bit?

Thank you for your help!

Herb
León Fridsma

Re: 64 bit version ?

Post by León Fridsma »

MainType 3 is only available in 32-bit version.

We do not have plans for 64 bit versions yet, because our coding platform does not allow for 64bit development.
artdesign

Post by artdesign »

Hello León,

is there a possibility that I can get my money back for the upgrade. There is no way I can run this program on Win 7. I got way too many fonts to manage.

This may not be the right place to ask this question, but perhaps somebody can suggest a font manager for the new Win 7 platform?

Thank you for your help!

Herb
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Hi Herb,

It won't make much of a difference if MainType was a 64 bit application because there are a lot of other factors that influence the speed of font loading like harddisk speed, available memory, processor cache and even the graphics card driver can improve or degrade the speed.

A new feature in MainType 3 is to lookup the font foundry (enabled by default). Disabling this option could improve loading speed significantly. You can find this option at the bottom of the "Fonts" tab in the MainType options window.

If you still feel the need to request a refund, you should contact customer support.

León