Loading Multiple Folders, Changing Font Metadata

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Strato

Loading Multiple Folders, Changing Font Metadata

Post by Strato »

Hello everybody!

Recently, I have started using MainType and I have a few questions.

1) As you can see from the picture I like to keep my fonts well organized. Let's say I create a group folder named "Sans Serif" where I keep all the sans-serif type fonts. How do I load all of them at once? It seems that if I load the "Sans Serif" folder itself - nested font folders like Helvetica Neue or Univers are not affected. And I can't select multiple folders using CTRL or SHIFT keys. So how do you load multiple folders?

2) I hate huge font lists as they are confusing and time-consuming when looking for a particular font. Sometimes different font weights or styles are defined as totally different fonts on the list instead of appearing in the secondary drop down menu where you can select various font weights and styles. So my question is how to adjust the metadata of the font to keep my font list shorter?

Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Re: Loading Multiple Folders, Changing Font Metadata

Post by Dave Crosby »

Be careful what you wish for. I can imagine selecting the wrong folder and find my computer loading 100,000 fonts. UGLY!

Have you checked out the tutorials?

Aut nunc aut nunquam