Deleted Fonts Still Appear in Font Library

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Deleted Fonts Still Appear in Font Library

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have six copies of the same font in my Font Library. Only one is still on my hard disk, and none are installed. After editing the OTF version to correct the date information, I deleted all of the others from Windows Explorer, but even an older version is still listed in the library along with five copies of the most recent version.

I have refreshed the font library, but it makes no difference. Shouldn't refreshing the font library purge the database to remove old entries?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
León Fridsma

Re: Deleted Fonts Still Appear in Font Library

Post by León Fridsma »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:I have six copies of the same font in my Font Library. Only one is still on my hard disk, and none are installed. After editing the OTF version to correct the date information, I deleted all of the others from Windows Explorer, but even an older version is still listed in the library along with five copies of the most recent version.

I have refreshed the font library, but it makes no difference. Shouldn't refreshing the font library purge the database to remove old entries?
No, once a font is added to the vault it remains available to the user (even if no harddisk copies exist). This is one of the reasons why you should delete fonts through maintype because then you can delete from harddisk and MainType in a single operation.

León