Process fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
linkot

Process fonts

Post by linkot »

I just upgraded to MainType 4.0 and at the end of installation I pointed to my 'font' folder and MainType "processed" all the fonts ... this will make finding something much easier. From time to time I add new fonts to my font folders (located on C:/fonts) ... how do I reprocess or update my processed fonts?

Many thanks!
linkot

Re: Process fonts

Post by linkot »

I figured it out ... so easy. All I need to do is go to >Tools >Refresh Font Folders
I really, 'really' like MainType 4.0!
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

It's even easier than that... just hit the refresh button on the main toolbar (or press CTRL+R).

León
linkot

Post by linkot »

Thanks Leon!

Is there anyway to organize the fonts in my collection ... I have folders a - z, and I would like to 'copy' the dingbats, picture fonts, design fonts into a group. I tried to select the fonts in folder a, but couldn't figure out how to copy them to a new group.

Thanks again
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The easiest way is to have MainType create the groups from your folders automatically on first running it, or when adding folders to the Library. Later, you can drag and drop selected fonts to any groups created by MainType or that you create.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
linkot

Post by linkot »

Thanks so much ... it's working for me and it's amazing.
Thank you!