Font grups

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Ken Krugh

Font grups

Post by Ken Krugh »

We're currently using ATM Delux mostly on Windows XP boxes but we're in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 and ATM is VERY sketchy on Windows 7, if it runs at all.

ATM allows us to store all our fonts on our server in a central location and save font sets also to the server that are simply pointers to the font files. This allows us to load the font set for a particular project and be assured we have the most recent version of the font, which is important because we also create / manage and fonts for multiple book series.

MainType seems to allow you to export sets but will it work in the way I descibe above?

Many thanks,
Ken
León Fridsma

Re: Font grups

Post by León Fridsma »

Hi Ken,

Unfortunately not at the moment. We have been thinking about implementing a true client-server model for MainType, but we haven't had the time to work on this yet. However, network support will be added in MainType 4.5 which should be released in a few weeks and this might serve your needs. I suggest you try-out the trial version of MainType 4.5 when it is released.

León
biozaichenko

Post by biozaichenko »

This is mainly for Leon. I'm picking up on Ken's quesiton about server managing the fonts. Your software from the first few minutes of using it is definitely more flexible and user friendly than the one I'm currently using. I haven't tested all the features but so far so good. Now, the only reason I'm using this other software is because it offers administrator managed server side - which is more than important for my projects. I have tens of people working on the same projects and it's crucial they work with the same font-sets. If maintype offered server-management, I would be convincing my superiors to switch over.

Michael
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Hi Michael,

As stated above a true server-client model is on wishlist, however this will not be a part of maintype 4 (or 4.5)

León