Fonts installed *and* loaded (different versions)?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Enigma

Fonts installed *and* loaded (different versions)?

Post by Enigma »

Hello,

I just noticed that on my system there are some fonts that are installed (and loaded) in one font version and just loaded in another version. On the MainType 4 screenshot, you can see that there are TTF and OTF versions side by side:
MainType 4: Four files that are "installed and loaded" (green symbol) and "loaded through MainType and can be unloaded" (blue symbol) at the same time in different font versions.
MainType 4: Four files that are "installed and loaded" (green symbol) and "loaded through MainType and can be unloaded" (blue symbol) at the same time in different font versions.
maintype4-double-fonts.gif (43.18 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
That's strange enough, but then I tried to export the OTF versions only, as I couldn't find the associated font files. What I got were four TTF files with the TTF versions of the fonts, see the MainType 3 screenshot:
MainType 3: I tried to export the four OTF fonts but got the TTF fonts (rightmost column: number of characters).
MainType 3: I tried to export the four OTF fonts but got the TTF fonts (rightmost column: number of characters).
maintype3-saved-fonts.gif (9.28 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
So now I have fonts inside my MainType 4 library that I can't export. Aren't my fonts as safe as I thought? At least it's not what I expected when I read statements like
Erwin Denissen wrote:We thought the risk of accidentally deleting a font and the complex way of making backups was not worth it to go that route. [...] Now you never have to worry about where your fonts are. Also if you accidentally remove a font, you can still export it from MainType to your file system.
(viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3585&p=15651#p15651) Is there anything I can do to export the OpenType versions of the fonts?

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Enigma

Re: Fonts installed *and* loaded (different versions)?

Post by Enigma »

It would be nice if some official from High-Logic could answer this in any way...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'll discuss this with Leon on Monday. Sorry for our lack of response. I somehow missed it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Erwin Denissen wrote:I'll discuss this with Leon on Monday. Sorry for our lack of response. I somehow missed it.
No problem. Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,
Jan
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I send you a private message. Did you read it?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Hello Erwin!
Erwin Denissen wrote:I send you a private message. Did you read it?
Yes, I read your E-Mail, thank you very much for your proposal, and sorry for the delay - I was really busy the last days because a customer of mine had a major problem with his online shop that had to be fixed ASAP.

I'll answer your mail in a few minutes.

Cheers,
Jan
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have confirmed the issue, and are looking into this. Hopefully we will have a solution soon, so we can include it in the next upcoming release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We fixed the issue and will include it in the upcoming release. Expect it within a couple of weeks.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Erwin Denissen wrote:We fixed the issue and will include it in the upcoming release. Expect it within a couple of weeks.
Great, thank you very much for fixing this! I'm looking forward to the release of the fix. :)

Cheers,
Jan