Download blocked

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
sandysaltus

Download blocked

Post by sandysaltus »

I have just purchased Main Type 4. I am unable to download it. I am receiving a message that my browser is blocking the download. There are no suggestions for temporarily disabling the block. I have been unable to find a solution. Can you help?
I am using Windows 7 Professional. AOL is my primary web browser. I also have Internet Explorer.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Download blocked

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The installer is an executable file. Any executable file can potentially be harmful — its the browser that is blocking it, so use another browser that lets you download it if you cannot figure out how to unblock it in AOL.

Internet Explorer will also give you a warning that the file is potentially harmful, but you just let it download the file anyway since you know its from a trusted source.

You would have the same problem downloading almost any software unless the installer is in a zip archive, which is less convenient.
Attachments
Blocked Download.png
Blocked Download.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 4579 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Can you download the zipped version?

http://www.high-logic.com/MainTypeSetup.zip
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
sandysaltus

Post by sandysaltus »

Problem has been solved. Thanks for your input.