Looking for Explanation of Font Type Icons

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
JOHN HOWARD

Looking for Explanation of Font Type Icons

Post by JOHN HOWARD »

I have some Adobe PS fonts that are in my computer. I can find them, open and look at the font files, but they won't show in Adobe Illustrator, even though I have loaded them in MainType and they say they are loaded.

I notice some tiny symbols on the font icon in MainType, but I can find no explanation of these symbols in the MainType manual. Currently, the fonts have the red 'a' icon for Adobe, but they also have a little pink square in the lower right corner of the icon and an 'L' in the pink square. I have seen other little symbols in the corners of font icons in MainType, but I have never found an explanation for them in the manual. Can someone direct me to the manual page where these are explained. Thanks for any clues.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Looking for Explanation of Font Type Icons

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Which version of MainType are you using? In the MainType 5 manual there is a description of the font types on page 44, though it doesn't show the icons there.

Font Types explained in the online manual.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486