Google Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
crewmember

Google Fonts

Post by crewmember »

I need to be able to load, see, and use google fonts in photoshop cs4, Windows for a website project. Is there any way to do this with my MainType, or perhaps a beta in development?
Thanks,
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Google Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have not used Google Web Fonts, but it says:
One of the most valued characteristics of GWF is the option to download a desktop version of the fonts for use in the mockup phase of projects.
So, if you download a desktop version of the font, doesn't that enable you to see them in MainType?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
crewmember

Re: Google Fonts

Post by crewmember »

It seemed much more complicated...after I went thru install of Extensis, which said it would allow me to see Google fonts in Photoshop, turns out CS4 doesn't support. The videos I looked are more skewed to adding coding into your site for the font. But I need to be able to see them in development in Photoshop before they are built into the site. So trying to see if MainType supports the format, not a traditional OT or TTF, in current version.