Antialising Charakters in Character- or Zoom Window

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
etymologos

Antialising Charakters in Character- or Zoom Window

Post by etymologos »

Hi guys,

MT4.5 (Pro / build 371), installed at Windows7/64bit, dosen't show all fonts antialised, and I don't know why. Some of my own created fonts (and most of the foreign fonts) in the zoom window or in the pop-up zoom window (in charakter window) will displayed with antialising and some of them will not (or one character of the same font gets antialised in the zoom window, but not in the pop-up window ...) - what drives me crazy.
Than in FC5 I had a look at the settings to all these "different" fonts, but I can't find out the (relevant) difference between. So now I wonder, what's the reason for the difference in displaying these fonts in MT.

Where else could be found relevant differencies?
Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Antialising Charakters in Character- or Zoom Window

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It might help if you can attach one of your own fonts that suffers from this problem.

If you have FontCreator you can check for yourself to see if the glyphs are all hinted — if they are hinted, a small H appears at the ruler intersection in the glyph edit window.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
etymologos

Post by etymologos »

Thanks for reply, but the problem depends not in the fonts gridfitting (shown as little H in rulers intersection). Not only one of my own created fonts was gridfitted ever, but in MT (character plane / zoom plane)
one is shown antialised and the other one isn't.

Some foreign fonts that suffers from this problem (for example) are "Linux Biolinum", "Ming Liu" (TTCollection), "Matt Antique" and other. Perhaps you also have these Fonts as a member of your MT library.
I am looking for some more examples in the next few hours and will them posting here. Are differncies in MTs displaying fonts unknown to you?

with friendly regards
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Its not something I can check as I don't have MT 4.5 installed any longer. The zoom window is currently broken in MT5.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Zoom is only broken in glyphs mode.

I suspect it has to do with the gasp table, as that controls gray scale to some extend.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology