Fonts supposedly loaded by an external application

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
MikeW

Fonts supposedly loaded by an external application

Post by MikeW »

Getting pretty tired of this.

I uninstalled MT 5.1 because of one font family that always shows up with the Red state icon. I deleted the font from every location on my harddrive--indeed, I never have installed it. There are technically 4 variations of the 4 ARB listed fonts. Two each OTF and TTF, two each of the slightly different names (difference in the names are the letters CA or DT).

There is no application that loads the *DT versions of these fonts. I made sure the *DT files were not in the fonts folder, and do not occur in the registery. I deleted them from my file system.

When I uninstalled MT, I opted to remove the database, etc. I rebooted the computer (actually several times before reinstalling MT as I uninstalled it a week ago).

I just reinstalled MT. They show up. I want them gone. How?

I am also tired of how the database is (not) managed. I do not like having to redo the groups. This should be exportable/importable to speed up this process--that is, if one has to go through uninstalls and reinstalls just to rid the database of erroneous information.

Thank you, Mike

One screenshot from MT, one from the registry, one from windows' font folder.
MikeW

Re: Fonts supposedly loaded by an external application

Post by MikeW »

Ok. I finally got rid of them (there was a couple others not shown as well). Actually had a single application they showed up in other than MT. But all other applications didn't show them.

Ran CCCleaner, rebooted and didn't rid Windows of all these phantom fonts. But it did a couple. Deleted Windows' font cache, rebooted, that finished removing them.

Mike