New User ... how to copy/move fonts to a group ?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
jannz

New User ... how to copy/move fonts to a group ?

Post by jannz »

Hi.... new user here. I bought MT so that I could categorize/organize my fonts.

I've loaded all my fonts into one group folder -- [All Fonts] using the Tools > Font Folder > Add dialog.

Now I want to copy fonts into different subgroups of my All Fonts [grouping]. I see how to create a 'group' subfolder... done that... but how do I copy a font into the subfolder..??..

Clicked Help > Folders -- it doesn't really explain what to do.

Sorry really confused on how this app works ... ?? ...
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New User ... how to copy/move fonts to a group ?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You don't really need an "All Fonts" group as if you select “Library” in the View panel all fonts will be displayed.

Just select the fonts that you want to group using Click, Ctrl+Click, Shift+Click, and drag and drop them to the group.

Groups are just database filters — no fonts are actually moved anywhere on your hard disk when you do this, and no fonts are deleted if they are removed from a group. Fonts may also appear in one or more groups.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
jannz

Re: New User ... how to copy/move fonts to a group ?

Post by jannz »

Thanks for the response.... the 'Shift + Click' is working.... as does just clicking and dragging.

EDITED to ask: Is there a way to sort the 'group' folders ..??... Tried clicking on the 'name' column heading but that didn't do anything.

EDITED {again}: Figured out that you have to drag & drop the 'group folders' to sort them.... a little tedious but it gets it done.