Fonts moved to another Windows folder and Duplicate Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
rtcrafters

Fonts moved to another Windows folder and Duplicate Fonts

Post by rtcrafters »

I've tried to search for the answer and although alot of questions about font folders, I cannot determine if MT5 knows when a font is moved from one Windows folder to another. Since the font info does not include what Windows folder it is in, it is not clear to me if MT5 looses track of the font or updates its database. I did move some fonts from one Windows folder to another and MT5 kept them in the database? However, I am not sure how this happened and if it really did work.

I actually moved fonts to try to clear up some duplicate fonts I had in various folders. Which also made me question what MT5 does with duplicate fonts that are in different Windows folders; same name and size???

Thanks
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Fonts moved to another Windows folder and Duplicate Font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I am not an expert on MainType, but you don't have to worry about it losing fonts if you move them. Once they are added to the font vault, they are available until they are removed from it.

I edit my own fonts with FontCreator, and may have a dozen or more copies of the same font, with minor changes, so I use remove feature a lot to delete all evidence of the old version before installing the new version to test it.

Organising Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486