more than 10.000 fonts ... MT gets stuck

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
grubenhunt

more than 10.000 fonts ... MT gets stuck

Post by grubenhunt »

I just bought MainType 6.0 standard (as an upgrade of 4) and tried to add a folder with more than 10.000 fonts ... the processing then hangs up with the message I should buy the professional version and keeps telling me that 5 seconds are remaining of the indexing process. I removed this folder, still the indexing window appears, I can't add new/other folders ... what to do?
Erwin Denissen

Re: more than 10.000 fonts ... MT gets stuck

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I think you are better of with the professional edition, so I'll send you a link to a custom order page. That allows you to buy the correct upgrade for an additional $10.

If you don't want the professional edition, you'll need to reduce the number of fonts within your MainType font library. Just select the ones you want to remove, and press Delete. The manual explains how to delete fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
grubenhunt

Post by grubenhunt »

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the special offer and - sigh - I accepted it.
This will be a solution to the problem (I suppose), the procedure you mention won't work, since I already deleted ("removed") the folder in question (while the indexing was going on ...): I guess it is a bug ...
best,
m
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

grubenhunt wrote:Thank you for your reply and thanks for the special offer and - sigh - I accepted it.
This will be a solution to the problem (I suppose), the procedure you mention won't work, since I already deleted ("removed") the folder in question (while the indexing was going on ...): I guess it is a bug ...
best,
m
It would have worked, but this is far better :wink:
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology