How to start FMS Proxy?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
CMMConcepts

How to start FMS Proxy?

Post by CMMConcepts »

I have been getting the error about the FMS proxy for a while, but ignored, since everything worked fine.

Today, all font previews aren't showing up.

I used the FMSConfig and the FMS Proxy is NOT running. How do I start it up again?

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot what is turning it off? I have used Avast AVG for a long time and it doesn't appear to have updated in the past 24 hours. Previews were fine until today.
CMMConcepts

Re: How to start FMS Proxy?

Post by CMMConcepts »

I haven't received any replie to this, posted about six weeks ago, so I am trying to re-install again, questions about that posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5864

Bumping, though, because, obviously, if there is a way to resolve this issue, I imaging that would be much less time consuming.

Thank you.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'm sorry about our late reply. I honestly don't know why it fails to run normally.

It could be running in a sandbox, as that is what some anti-virus software could force.

I'll contact you by email to see if we can solve the issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

As mentioned here the problem was solved by an uninstall and reinstall of MainType.

To start FmsProxy, go to the Windows Start menu -> All Programs -> High-Logic MainType -> High-Logic FmsConfig
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology