Reinstall Questions, v6.0

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
CMMConcepts

Reinstall Questions, v6.0

Post by CMMConcepts »

I haven't been able to find or reinstall FMS Proxy for about six weeks and didn't receive any replies to my question here about it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5810 I've since learned that it has something to do with Flash and that I should be able to fix it via FMSConfig, but my Flash says it's up to date and working fine and when I try to Run>FMSConfig, it can't be found.

I'm struggling to work like this, so I've decided to uninstall and reinstall MainType. Before I do, though, I want to make sure I've backed up anything I need to. I tried to find answers to these in the manual, but couldn't.

1. Are any tags and ratings applied to fonts added to the actual font file or are they only associated with MainType? If I reinstall and add folders all over again, will tags be included? If not, how do I back them up? (Remember... I can't access FMSConfig.) I have countless hours invested in organizing these, so this is my primary concern.

2. Same question regarding custom layout...?

3. I see the Backup and Restore option, but it isn't clear whether it only backs up setting or all fonts, too. I have almost 47,000 fonts and they are backed up manually, so I'd rather not use up the space to make another backup unless I have to in order to back up the things above.

Thank you.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Reinstall Questions, v6.0

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'll contact you by email to see if we can solve the issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Re: Reinstall Questions, v6.0

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Somehow the FmsProxy failed to run. Fortunately we were able to solve the issues pretty easy.

In case you encounter the same problem with FmsProxy, do uninstall MainType (when asked, don't delete the database), and then reinstall.

The other problem was kind of funny, as somehow the preview text in the combo was blank, so that is why the preview text for all fonts was missing :lol:
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology