Syncing - Migrating

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

Syncing - Migrating

Post by Glyphman »

New here, so it will be some questions at start :) I have 3 pc:s that I use for my projects, pc home, pc office, notebook "on the go". I must have the same fonthandling in this 3 units for make my work smooth. Checked in the forum and found one post regarding to this subject. Telling that the backup function / restore is the way to manage this. Wonder if there's a way of syncing via server? I have a NAS server where I sync my projects, would be nice if I can use it for syncing MainType to? If not... I can see that, doing a backup from the pc if changes are done in MainType and copy this backup to the NAS so that always the latest update is there for restore to the other units before using...?
Is this a correct observation how I shall have my workflow with MainType?

Gracias
Erwin Denissen

Re: Syncing - Migrating

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The backup and restore feature isn't really meant for sharing a library.

You might want to use a font folder on a shared network drive, so all your computers running the font manager share that same folder.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Yes, but it's not just about share that folder... what about all tags and groups etc?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Currently there is no way to share them. This could be very useful for people wish to manage their fonts on multiple computers, so we'll add this to our to-do list.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Thanks. I used the backup and transferred to the notebook... the only extra whas that I had to copy the Fonts folders and place them at the same place on the C drive where I have them in pc 1. It's ok for now. :)

Gracias
Last edited by Glyphman on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpking

Post by cpking »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 am Currently there is no way to share them. This could be very useful for people wish to manage their fonts on multiple computers, so we'll add this to our to-do list.
That would be tremendous!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Right now we have the option to export font tags and font ratings. If this proofs useful, we might add font libraries, settings, groups, etc to it in the future.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 pm Right now we have the option to export font tags and font ratings. If this proofs useful, we might add font libraries, settings, groups, etc to it in the future.
Hi Erwin, thanks for conserning the sync future. As it comes to me... I'm totally fine with using the "Backup" tool for exporting to my other two units. But if you can come up with a future that works seamless via a Cloud app or NAS server I will use that instead :D

By the way... Love the new MT 8 64-bit version a lot. Faster, safer and good looking! The improvement that you now can controll the different windows with the scroll wheel on the mouse, without clicking/highlighting them is the most useful for me.
Gracias