Main Type Processing Font Information Failure

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
atomicleprechaun

Main Type Processing Font Information Failure

Post by atomicleprechaun »

I have been using Main Type for a few months now and really liking it over all. Yesterday though, I attempted to load a subgroup of 369 fonts, and after the first 15 it stalled out and has an error that says Processing font information failure 12 of 369 failed. I can close the program and re-opening it, and the message comes up again. HELP?

https://drive.google.com/a/pathwayshigh ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Screen-Shot.jpg
Screen-Shot.jpg (428.97 KiB) Viewed 5322 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Main Type Processing Font Information Failure

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We are not familiar with this issue, so maybe restarting the FontService might help.

To do this, start MainType and then select Create and Restore Backups from the Tools menu.

Do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
atomicleprechaun

Ok, so I restarted the fontservice, and it got rid of the initial loading error, but I still have some fonts that are coming up marked red in my active fonts. I tried uninstalling them, reloading them, and deleting them from Main Type, but they still show up with a red dot in the active list. Also, the options in the active list are grayed out. Any other ideas? I will include some screen shots that might be telling of a problem to a more experienced user.

...Sorry about that... screenshots now properly attached.
Attachments
Screen-Shot6.jpg
Screen-Shot6.jpg (495.61 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Screen-Shot5.jpg
Screen-Shot5.jpg (600.09 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Screen-Shot4.jpg
Screen-Shot4.jpg (670.31 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Screen-Shot3.jpg
Screen-Shot3.jpg (575.68 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Screen-Shot2.jpg
Screen-Shot2.jpg (677.72 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
Last edited by atomicleprechaun on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

atomicleprechaun wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 pm Ok, so I restarted the fontservice, and it got rid of the initial loading error
I'm glad to hear that solved the initial problem.

I'm not able to view the screenshots. Can you please upload them to your forum post?

While writing a new post or editing an existing post, you can see a tab "Attachments" next to "Options". That tab allows you to add files to your post.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
atomicleprechaun

I have reposted the screenshots, but am still unable to get the fonts marked with the Red dots to uninstall from active fonts despite being deleted from the program.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

atomicleprechaun wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 pm Ok, so I restarted the fontservice, and it got rid of the initial loading error, but I still have some fonts that are coming up marked red in my active fonts. I tried uninstalling them, reloading them, and deleting them from Main Type, but they still show up with a red dot in the active list. Also, the options in the active list are grayed out. Any other ideas? I will include some screen shots that might be telling of a problem to a more experienced user.
The red dots indicate the fonts are loaded by an external application, so there is no way for MainType to detect the location, so it is impossible to unload them.

A reboot should ensure those fonts are no longer loaded. If they remain loaded after a reboot, then either the other application did load them again, or you discovered a bug in MainType. So do reboot and let us know your results!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
atomicleprechaun

Rebooting seemed to do the trick this time... I let everyone know if there are any further developments.
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

I have also had the issue with red-dot marked fonts a couple of times (2-3) last time 2 days agoo. Had to solve with reboot as mentioned...
But it's a strange issue though, appears from nowhere, no action/handling done in Main Type or the Win syst fonts folder?? Just opening Main Type and there it is... the startup list of fonts, all marked with a red dot /bullet??
At startup I have 251 fonts active (about 180 in win syst font folder) and the rest from Main Type. The very strange thing is that when this issue appears Main Type indicates more than 4.000 fonts activated in the list?? If I get the issue again I will post a screenshot.