Maintype stopped working

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Gethin

Maintype stopped working

Post by Gethin »

wont install, load or uninstall fonts. Also wont delete. I have tried reinstalling, does not work. Registry fixer has no issues.

On closing it says "it is reccommended you wait for the current font operation to complete"
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Maintype stopped working

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you tried rebooting your PC?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Gethin

Post by Gethin »

yes
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I'll contact you so we can try to find a solution.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Gethin

Post by Gethin »

It appears to come down to one dodgy font family. I spent an hour clearing it off my computer. and removing it from maintype. However I want to remove it from the database entirely so I have the chance of re-installing it. When I delete it it goes into ignored fonts, but then I cant re-install it.

If I unignore it: I have my fonts synced to my harddrive, and although I've physically deleted the files, it still appears in maintype.

I also created a custom view to show unavailable typeface, and found it in there, but bizarrely it still let me load one of them!? I think there is a particular font of the set that is bodgy.