MainType 8 - 64-bit?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

MainType 8 - 64-bit?

Post by Glyphman »

Hi... noticed that the MainType 8 is in the rear. Is it 64-bit architecture also? What will the price be for us that bought before nov 15 2017 ?
Erwin Denissen

Re: MainType 8 - 64-bit?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yes, MainType 8 will be released later this month and comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions.

The upgrade prices will probably remain equal to the current upgrade prices, but we might have a short introduction discount.

Let us know if you would like to join to beta team, so you can already enjoy the new features, and help us make our font manager even better.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Hi Erwin, thanks for the offer being a beta-tester. If you have the 64-bit ready for that I'm interested. Do you use the same data files as for ver 7, 32-bit so you can keep all your settings, meta, tags etc?
AND A HAPPY NEW "MAINTYPE" YEAR :D
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yes, it is already available for testing and will use the same database. I've send you an email.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
dov717

Post by dov717 »

I too would be interested in beta testing the new version, however I have not upgraded from the free to the pro version yet and I would not want to miss out on the introductory discount that you mentioned.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We are only days away from the official launch, so there is not much to gain. However we'll send you a link to the latest beta so you can give it a try.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology