Font Information Panel-Maintype8 Professional

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
irenefrie

Font Information Panel-Maintype8 Professional

Post by irenefrie »

I have a question regarding the Resources>File section of the Font Info Panel (see attached). The font Century Schoolbook Bold indicates that it is also in the C:\Windows\Font folder, but I have looked there and I don't see it. The only location of the font is on my desktop in a FONTS folder.

Can someone please tell my why it indicates that it is in the Windows\Fonts folder?

Also, when I change the width of the panel it still doesn't show the full file name.

Thank you.

Irene
Attachments
Maintype8 Pro-Font Info.JPG
Maintype8 Pro-Font Info.JPG (40.97 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font Information Panel-Maintype8 Professional

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Resize the column, not just the Font Information Panel. The Panel can be used to compare two or more fonts by clicking on the (+) sign, then selecting another font.
Resize Column.png
Resize Column.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 4057 times
When the font is installed, it shows up in C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
irenefrie

Post by irenefrie »

Thank you for the quick response. I have a lot to learn. Yes, I see Century Schoolbook in my WINDOWS\Font folder, I was looking for C:WINDOWS\Fonts\SCHLBKB. I'm not sure how it shows up with a different name.

When I resize the column the file name is still truncated; is there a way to show the full file name?

Thank you so much for your help.

Irene
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

I think SCHLBKB.TTF is the full file name in your case, Irene. I only have the regular style of that font, but my copy bears the even more cryptic file name 'tt0083m_.ttf'; I suspect that Bhikkhu Pesala renamed his copy for ease of recognition.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Font Renamer (freeware) can quickly renamed all of your fonts to user-friendly names. I did this before installing MainType; I am not too sure what would happen if you do it afterwards. Maybe try first with a small folder and see what MainType does on relaunching it.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486