Installation Failed

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
PrintGraphics

Installation Failed

Post by PrintGraphics »

I get this error message OFTEN while installing fonts I have had in my library and have used successfully for years. There's no explanation for it, and I can't find anything here?
Any help?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Installation Failed

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Probably another version of the font is already installed. Do look for it in the Active fonts and uninstall it prior to installing another version.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
PrintGraphics

Post by PrintGraphics »

Thanks for your reply - I did think of that, but a while ago I rebuilt my workstation and instead of loading the thousands of fonts I had all at once I decided to buy MainType and load what I needed when I needed it to keep things clean. At first, it was working great, but lately it seems the "installation fails" more often than not. I can load the font on another workstation using the old drag-n-drop into Windows-Fonts and letting it load, but MainType can't do it, and I can't find any explanation as to why?
I purchased version 7.0.0 (Build 1032) if that helps.

Thanks!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We can't tell why it fails, but there are two options that will solve the problem.

Either start from scratch with a clean font database, thus a full uninstall and reinstall of MainType 7.

Alternatively upgrade to version 8, as it contains numerous bug fixes and improvements, which most likely also solve the issue you describe.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
PrintGraphics

Post by PrintGraphics »

This is the first software I've come across that the upgrade is half the price of a full version.
So from my perspective, it seems I have to start all over again OR I have to spend half the price of the new version to get this software to work?
I need to reconsider...
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I agree it is up to you to decide if the upgrade price is right for you, but keep in mind our main competitor charges $119.95 for Suitcase Fusion 8, and the upgrade costs $59.95.

Even without the issues you mention, it is highly recommended to upgrade as MainType 8 comes with many improvements, and is built for Windows 10.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology