MainType Doesn't Synchronize Newly Added Font Folder

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
dechris_mode

MainType Doesn't Synchronize Newly Added Font Folder

Post by dechris_mode »

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, build 1709, MainType Pro Edition 8.0.0.1135 64bit

I recently downloaded the San Francisco Compact and Pro fonts from the Apple Developers site. I made two separate folders for them on my machine and then added both folders to MainType. MT went through the motions of synchronizing both, but it only displays the Compact font in the Groups panel, but not the Pro.

The Pro fonts are not corrupt. They display a thumbnail in Windows Explorer and Adobe Bridge CC 2018. I can double click any of them to generate a preview window and even manually install it to the C:\windows\fonts. However, after manually installing, when I preview it in the MT View panel, the State icon is red. I launched MS Word to see if it shows up in the Font list, which it does and I can apply it to text in Word.

Any ideas why MY won't display the Pro font folder in Groups?
Chris Panny - Graphic Designer
cpCreativeStudio.com
Erwin Denissen

Re: MainType Doesn't Synchronize Newly Added Font Folder

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It seems MainType fails to open the fonts. Can you send them to us so we can fix the issue?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Re: MainType Doesn't Synchronize Newly Added Font Folder

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The fonts are not valid as the font checksum within the head table is incorrect.

I thought Windows would refuse such fonts, but maybe Windows 10 isn't that strict. Anyway it is best to notify the font vendor so they can fix this issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology