moving & dragging fonts not working

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Forhood

moving & dragging fonts not working

Post by Forhood »

Hi guys,

I'm new to MainType after being a good fella to Suitcase Fusion for more than 6 years. Having many obstacles with the former software I determined to change to another software. Actually, I have a good first impression of MainType but i encounter an issue which i can't drag or copy fonts to a group.

Thanks,
Erwin Denissen

Re: moving & dragging fonts not working

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Are you dragging from within MainType, e.g. from one group to another?

The groups panel supports drag and drop operations. You can drag groups to change their position, or drag fonts from any view into a group. The normal operation is to copy fonts, but you can press the CTRL key while drag/dropping to move fonts.

It is not possible to drag and drop Keep In Sync folders. You can however drag fonts from any view into Keep In Sync folders to physically put fonts in those folders. If a Keep in Sync folder is selected, you can also drag and drop font files from Windows file explorer into the font view.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
k410

Post by k410 »

Well, it's two months later, but I hope I can help in case someone else has the same question. I had the same problem this evening until I figured out what might be going on.

If "family grouping" is toggled on (it's one of the buttons at the top of the view), this seems to disable dragging fonts into the groups, because you don't actually have the list of individual fonts in front of you, just the family names.

Toggle "family grouping" off, and then you should be able to drag fonts into your groups.

Edit: Or expand the family so you can see the individual fonts within it, then you can drag and drop those fonts into your groups.
Picant

Post by Picant »

Thank you k410, this did the trick.