Location to "Enter Registration Code"

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
nancyp53

Location to "Enter Registration Code"

Post by nancyp53 »

I recently purchased the Standard Edition of Main Type 8.0 on July 6, and this morning got an email notification that since my purchase was so recent I could upgrade to the newly announced version 9.0 by following the instructions in the email. So I downloaded the installation file and double-clicked it to install the product. But the instructions in the email then say to start MainType and click "Enter Registration Code" or select "register" from the help menu, and those choices don't exist for me, either on my Welcome splash screen or on my help menu. I can't get to the next step to enter my registration code, and it looks like I'm still opening version 8.0. What should I do next to solve this problem?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Location to "Enter Registration Code"

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you successfully installed version 9.0 yet? Run MainType by clicking the executable in Program Files. Your Windows shortcut may be pointing to the old version.

Right-click on the executable and inspect its properties. On the details tab it should show build 9.0.0.1152

Open the About screen from the Help menu, press shortcut "c" to show the CLR button on the dialogue. Click the CLR button to clear your existing password.
CLR Button.png
CLR Button.png (37.34 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
You will then have the options for registering the unregistered version.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
nancyp53

Re: Location to "Enter Registration Code"

Post by nancyp53 »

Thank you. It took a while to troubleshoot, but apparently the installation had hung without completion, and therefore, the older version was all I saw. A look at folder contents with file modification dates that were from April 2018 was also a tipoff. During troubleshooting I had to run the config file and then had to shut down my computer and reboot. But I did successfully install, which then triggered the splash screen for registration, which went well. I had backed up the database in case of problems with the custom tags I'd created, but all was restored just fine. Thanks for the reminder of a new desktop shortcut, though. Success!