Is there a limit for amount of fonts in a font folder?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

Is there a limit for amount of fonts in a font folder?

Post by Glyphman »

Hi, noticed when installing the latest new font that it doesn't appear in the font folder when "Refresh folder"? When checking the actual folder it contains 8066 otf font files, but the same folder in Main Type shows only 8029 fonts ?
The latest font family I installed contained 6 different weights and none of them shows up. Only way to see if they got installed is to check "Recently Added"... here I can see that they got added??
Using latest update 9.0.0.1163 64 bit.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Is there a limit for amount of fonts in a font folder?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There are no limits.

Can you be more specific with your issues, as right now it only confuses me ;-)
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 pm There are no limits.

Can you be more specific with your issues, as right now it only confuses me ;-)
Confuses me to :o In Main Type I have 2 main Font folders. One containing truetype fonts and the other otf. I always make a dubble set for each font... one .ttf and one .otf. The .ttf fonts I use as placeholders for the webfonts in my Webdesigner editor and the .otf I uses for graphic design in related softwares. Have never been a problem.
After my first post in this thread I did some changes for the sync of the font folders and suddenly I lost all preview for fonts in one... I then restored from backup and now the installed fonts are missing in the oposite folder .ttf fonts. Before they was missing in the .otf folder??
Looks like it has something to do with duplicate?? I opened the "Active Fonts" and tried to drag the related .ttf fonts into the main .ttf folder but got warning for duplicates?? The fonts are not visible in this .ttf folder??
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Do let us know if you know a way to let us reproduce the issue, so we can look into this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology