Cannot delete font folders.

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
cogent1

Cannot delete font folders.

Post by cogent1 »

I am using the free version of MainType to familiarise myself with the program before possibly purchasing the Standard edition.

One of the first things I did after installation was to add a font folder located on an external hard drive. Unfortunately, I did not realise that there were more than 2000 fonts on the drive, which exceeded the limit on the free version. Most of the fonts were either duplicates already in the library or fonts supplied with programs that I no longer use. So I immediately removed the folder. However, the library still shows that 2983 fonts are present even though the external drive is no longer attached and the program has been restarted.

the net effect is that I have limited functionality and constant warning messages. How do I get rid of these fonts so I can continue my free evaluation?

Thanks for your advice.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Cannot delete font folders.

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Just delete the fonts and all record of them. If that fails, you could simply uninstall MainType, removing its databases, and reinstall.
Delete Fonts.png
Delete Fonts.png (15.45 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486