Time for some praise

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.

How excited do you get working with MainType?

It is the only joy I get in life
No votes
It's better than dinner with the in-laws
No votes
I'd rather be font managing than skiing
33%
The author of this post has had too much coffee
67%

Total votes: 3

corteq

Time for some praise

Post by corteq »

I have watched the development of MainType with eagerness and hope. It is time to give real praise for the developers of my favourite, yes favourite piece of software.

I have been an IT genius and guru (well that's what my wife thinks) for … uh a lot of years, so the way a piece of software feels, responds and solves problems is important. No, it's everything.

I get a sense of pleasure customizing the way the interface sits on my screen and have several views depending on what I am doing, or my mood. I love tinkering with it and mastering it because it (usually) has an answer for everything I am looking to do. And it does it so well.

About once a year I format my PC and rebuild it because it gets a bit clunky with junk software cluttering it. I choose only my best behaved and preciously needed software to go back on. There are about 50 applications and MainType is one of the first to go back. To my delight I found that with a library of now 68,381 fonts it does a refresh in less than 30 seconds. WOW! And it still does that after all the less well behaved stuff (Adobe) is installed.

Thank you guys and please keep up the good work. (My wife just read this and thinks I should get out of the office more.) :lol:
Graham Young - MT9 Pro / FC 12 Pro / Win 10 Pro / Linux