New version does not work with Adobe CS Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mshubes

New version does not work with Adobe CS Fonts

Post by mshubes »

The new version (10) does not work with fonts activated through Adobe Fonts! This was not a problem with version 9 and needs to be corrected.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: New version does not work with Adobe CS Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This Article may be relevant.

Since I don't use Adobe products, I might be mixing up two different things.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
mshubes

Post by mshubes »

No, the article is not relevant.

I am not referring to a plugin that automatically activates fonts for specific applications. Rather, I am referring to fonts that are activated through Adobe Creative Cloud that allow fonts to be used for ANY application on one's system until deactivated through Creative Cloud. The fonts show up as activated (red button) in MainType as they did with previous versions, but the new version 10 does not display sample previews (or character maps, etc.) of those fonts.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

mshubes wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:57 pm, but the new version 10 does not display sample previews (or character maps, etc.) of those fonts.
I think the behaviour is the same with version 9 and 10, as both did not show such fonts in the Sample and Characters panels.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
mshubes

Post by mshubes »

You are indeed correct, sir! I uninstalled version 10 to revert back to version 9 and it does not show character previews, either. :shock:

This should NOT have been reported as a bug!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

mshubes wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:18 pmThis should NOT have been reported as a bug!
I moved the topic to the Support forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486