Can't cut and paste from Mt to CDS

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Irish04

Can't cut and paste from Mt to CDS

Post by Irish04 »

I have successfully downloaded the Samantha Upright font in both MainType and Cricut Design Space.
Wondering why I can't control +C and Control +V to get this font to my CDS canvas. This morning I attempted
again and I got a ?. Hoping you have some suggestions to offer. Thanks
Kay
Erwin Denissen

Re: Can't cut and paste from Mt to CDS

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Since we do not know how you installed the font, it is best to uninstall it and then reinstall it through MainType. The font should then become available to all users and all software on your computer.

Most software pick up newly installed fonts just fine, but Cricut might require a reboot of your computer before it detects the newly installed font.

So please uninstall and reinstall the font through our font manager and then reboot your computer.

Concerning Cricut, do you use the online version (the one in the web browser) or a Windows application that you downloaded and installed?

Finally make sure the font used in Cricut matches the font shown in MainType. You need to use exactly the same font name and style.
CricutMainType.png
CricutMainType.png (272.77 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
CricutMainType2.png
CricutMainType2.png (229.9 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
If the above suggestions don't work, do let us know if you can copy and paste from MainType to Word. If so, then it is most likely a Cricut issue.

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Irish04

Post by Irish04 »

Hi Erwin,

First of all, thank you for your customer service support. I'm impressed with the follow up.

I was waiting to see if I would get a email response from Cricut Design Space, which I have not.

I downloaded the Samantha Upright font from Mighty Deals, then I added the folder to Maintype.

I did reboot my computer and both locations were successful. I could cut and paste from Maintype

to word, but not CDS. Tonight, in Maintype, I clicked on the library and uninstalled the Samantha Font.

When I click library to add font folder to maintype (from my zip file folder) I get error message

"the selected folder is not valid". Please try again. I feel like I'm missing something so simple, yet so

difficult for me. I'm not the best at technology, but i don't want to give up yet. Anything you can help me with

would be so appreciated.

Thank you Erwin,

Kay
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I am sorry to hear the Cricut people have not tried to help you with this issue.

MainType still knows the font, so it should still be available in the Library view.

You can also just type part of the name in the Search box, available in the upper right corner. Then you will see the font in the results. Now select it and click the Install button.

Hope this helps.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology