Tag Issues/Questions

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
pixeldroid

Tag Issues/Questions

Post by pixeldroid »

When I select fonts, the tag editor is not showing which tags are assigned to it. Is it supposed to? The Info Panel is reporting the tags correctly.

When I select multiple fonts in order to assign tags to all of them, all of the tags in the Tag Panel are greyed out and clicking on them does nothing. The text based tag editor is also inaccessble. Is this a bug or user error?

Also, when I simply click on the Tag Search panel - even on the scrollbar, the font list is emptied and I have to click a Group or View to reload it, which restores the view to the top, rather than where I was scrolled to in the list.

I'm using the most recent version on Win10.
Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Tag Issues/Questions

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MainType should allow you to tags all your fonts, except for fonts that are unknown (red ball) to MainType.

Does this release solve the issue?

https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/maintype ... 57-x64.exe
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
pixeldroid

Post by pixeldroid »

Thanks for the quick reply!
That version didn't change anything. See attached.
Attachments
maintype01.png
maintype01.png (243.38 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I notice you have enabled family grouping. You have selected several font families and then Tagging is not allowed. Currently tagging works with selected fonts or a single font family.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
pixeldroid

Post by pixeldroid »

Great!
That corrects the first 2 issues.
When I click the scrollbar of the Tag Search panel it still clears the font list.
Thanks.
pixeldroid

Post by pixeldroid »

Related:
If a tag search is active and a group is selected, the font list is updated with the fonts in the group, but the Tag Search panel is not reinitialized.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

pixeldroid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:23 pm Great!
That corrects the first 2 issues.
When I click the scrollbar of the Tag Search panel it still clears the font list.
Thanks.
At that point the Tag Search panel becomes active, and since it has no tags selected, it returns an empty list.
pixeldroid wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 pm Related:
If a tag search is active and a group is selected, the font list is updated with the fonts in the group, but the Tag Search panel is not reinitialized.
Why should it be reinitialized? You can active the Tag Search panel, and then you will get the fonts that match the tags you provided in the Tag Search panel.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
pixeldroid

Post by pixeldroid »

At that point the Tag Search panel becomes active, and since it has no tags selected, it returns an empty list.
FWIW, I wouldn't expect that behavior until a tag is selected. User might want to see what tags are in the list without selecting.
Why should it be reinitialized? You can active the Tag Search panel, and then you will get the fonts that match the tags you provided in the Tag Search panel.
When I have a tagged list selected and I click a group, the fonts in the group replace the tagged list in the display, but the tagged list doesn't change, at that point is it is incorrect as the tagged fonts are no longer displayed.