How to Organise Fonts in Folders?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Suqlan

How to Organise Fonts in Folders?

Post by Suqlan »

Hello

I am new to this Font Management scene. Your software made me start thinking and doing all this.
Need apology in advance from you guys as my questions will be quite silly. But I am learning. Enjoying.

I actually want to have a very organized Fonts folder. So I am doing the following in Version 11.

1 - I have made a Folder with name "Fonts" in D drive (windows in installed in C Drive)
2 - I have made different folders in "Fonts" folder.
3 - I select Active Font in Views Pane/Window..... then in adjacent Preview window I select some fonts together ... then Right click and from the popup window I select Export .... from the export popup window I select the Folder where I want to send the font... then click on Select Folder..

Is this the right way???? The fonts I Export will be in New drive ONLY? or this this new place D drive has backup of Fonts of Fonts folder.???

Apologies for very basic questions... But I am continuously learning...

Regards
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How to Organise Fonts in Folders?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The thing about MainType is that you do not need to organise your fonts on the hard drive. MainType collects all of the fonts that it finds and adds them to a database.

To organise your fonts in MainType you can create groups, tag fonts, or create custom views (only in the Professional version). It does not move the physical location of the fonts, and when you make a backup you are making a copy of all of your fonts, groups, and tags.

See the help topic on Managing Fonts.

Because all of your fonts are indexed in a database searching them is also much faster.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486