State Button Red for Adobe Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
SueH

State Button Red for Adobe Fonts

Post by SueH »

Hello, I am a new user of MainType. I have a number of fonts that are showing a red circle in the State Button. As such, I'm not able to preview characters or rate these fonts as a favorite. It appears to me that all of the red dotted fonts are Adobe ones.

Is there a way to override the red dot?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Erwin Denissen

Re: State Button Red for Adobe Fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

These fonts are not installed, but only temporary loaded and for that reason the resource location is unknown.

Currently there is no easy way to get more information about such fonts, but you can export the fonts to your file system (select the fonts, then right-click and select Export) and then add the folder to MainType. That way MainType will reveal all information.

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
SueH

Re: State Button Red for Adobe Fonts

Post by SueH »

Thanks for your reply, Erwin. I am currently testing out the free version before purchasing, and export looks to require at least the Standard version.

Am I understanding correctly that I would be able to export the Adobe files if I'm on the Standard version and then have all the features work in the browser?