Retrieve Custom View based on Tags

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Sleen

Retrieve Custom View based on Tags

Post by Sleen »

If I understand correctly, the right-most icon on the Tag Search panel is meant to allow the user to retrieve a set of previously stored tags. I believe I saved the view correctly, but I don't know how to retrieve it.
Clicking the right-most icon on the Tag Search panel gives me two options: Save, and Cancel.
How do I retrieve a saved tag configuration?

I'm using MT 10.0 Pro. on a Windows 10 machine.

Celine
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Retrieve Custom View based on Tags

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If I remember rightly, you should have a Tag Search panel as well as a Tag Panel.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Sleen

Post by Sleen »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:12 am If I remember rightly, you should have a Tag Search panel as well as a Tag Panel.
Correct. The Tag Search panel is the one I'm referring to. I often select 10+ tags for a particular project, and I'd like to ensure that I'm selecting the same set of tags the next time I need to do...whatever. The right-most icon on the Tag Search panel allows me to "save" the tag configuration, however there does not seem to be a way to RETRIEVE those tags, even though the name I chose to save it with does appear in the dialog box. My options in the dialog box are just these two: Save, and Cancel. There is no way to retrieve the saved tag configuration.

Celine
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Sleen wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:57 pmThe right-most icon on the Tag Search panel allows me to "save" the tag configuration, however there does not seem to be a way to RETRIEVE those tags, even though the name I chose to save it with does appear in the dialog box.
In MainType 11, the right-most icon allows me to save a Custom View. To see the fonts with those tags, I need to select the custom view.
Custom View.png
Custom View.png (23.51 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Sleen

Post by Sleen »

Thank you!
My saved configuration shows up as a new item on the "View" menu. Excellent!

Celine