Active Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
JCD666

Active Fonts

Post by JCD666 »

My active fonts in MainType show at 495 after a restart, but after a while, that number jumps to over 4,500 active fonts. From what I have read here in the forums, this is due to other applications activating fonts, so my question is if there is a way to track down what application is adding them?

I've completely deleted my old font manager (FontBase), and have deactivated all Adobe Fonts via Creative Suite, and yet what starts out as a clean folder at C:\Windows\Fonts ends up loaded with TONS of font files. It doesn't seem to matter whether I am using certain applications, just a web browser, or none at all - these font files just keep coming back after a certain amount of time :?
Glyphman

Re: Active Fonts

Post by Glyphman »

I also still have this problem. Addressed back in July 2021.
See: At start up 480 Active fonts, after some time increases to 4036?

I have uninstalled the Adobe Suite and other software to isolate the problem, but it's still there...

Good if there can be a fix for this now. I don't have any big problem, but it's weird.
JCD666

Re: Active Fonts

Post by JCD666 »

I really liked MainType, but couldn't get past this issue, as it was a major drain on resources and made getting work done near impossible at times. The problem stopped happening the minute I uninstalled MT and installed another font manager :roll: