Upgrading close to a major release?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
mshubes

Upgrading close to a major release?

Post by mshubes »

If I upgrade from v10 to v11 today and a new release comes out in the next few months, will I automatically be upgraded to the new version or will I have to pay for another upgrade?

I would like to purchase today, but after looking at the changelog and seeing that a major upgrade typically comes out once a year around this time, I'm wondering if it would be better to just wait. Unless you have something in place like other software developers and allow free upgrades for a certain amount of time (most specify within one year and include major releases)?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Upgrading close to a major release?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have no plans for a new major release right now. Besides we offer a 6-month upgrade protection policy. If you purchase the current version within 6 months of the release of a new version, you will receive the new version at no charge. Updates (such as patches/fixes, etc) to the version you have purchased are provided at no charge for the current version.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
mshubes

Re: Upgrading close to a major release?

Post by mshubes »

Good to know! Thank you for the prompt reply!