Zoom Window Request

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Alison

Zoom Window Request

Post by Alison »

Erwin, I love MainType and your attention to detail.
My request concerns the zoom window feature. Sometimes I need to scroll through my list of fonts to find a particular "looking" character. For example, recently I needed to scroll through looking at only the letter R in my list of fonts to match it to a printed R and try to get as close as I could. I selected R in the character and scrolled through my font list. However, if I came to a font that didn't have an R it would lose its place so that when I scrolled to the next font it was now on a different character. I would like to be able to pick a particular character and stay with it for the entire font list scroll.
Does this make sense?
Can it be done?
Thanks,
Alison
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Hi Alison,

Thanks for your feature enhancement. It does make sense in your situation, but it might not work in other situations. That makes it hard to find a solution that fits all users. I wonder what others have to say about this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can work around this particular problem by using the filter. View, Filter, Symbol, No. In general, only symbol fonts will be lacking the capital letter "R".
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486