MainType Print Ideas

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Pantyboy

MainType Print Ideas

Post by Pantyboy »

Hi there

Just a couple of ideas for MainType print options.

I not sure if these have been requested before but here goes.

1. Ability to change the font size for the printed font to specified size. ie: 10pt, 12pt, 14pt, etc.

2. Ability to add / remove information shown directly above each printed font. ie: Font Name, Path, Directory, Font Type, etc.

3. Ability to view / print basic and extended ascii character sets (excluding non-printing character ie: 33 - 126 & 128 - 254) as one block.

4. Ability to print direct to .pdf file for saving to CD / DVD font collection. (I realise there are any number of print utilities for this but integrated in the program would make this easier).

5. Ability to return to the print options box from the print preview page.

I originally looked at MainType for its catalogue printing ability as I have just put all the fonts I have collected over the years onto my hard disk for checking and sorting prior to placing them onto a DVD but have found some functions that I wish I had at Art college all those many years ago.

Carry on with a great program.

Regards

Martin
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You may find my Unicode Font Template useful. It is in DOC format and includes a wide range of character sets. You can adjust the size of printouts by editing the paragraph styles.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486