Un-ignore deleted fonts

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Post Reply
Enigma
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by Enigma » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 pm

In MainType 4, it should be possible to un-ignore fonts that have previously been deleted fom MainType (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568). Otherwise it seems impossible to reintroduce (accidentally) deleted fonts.

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

León Fridsma
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:26 am
Location: De Bilt, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by León Fridsma » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 am

Enigma wrote:In MainType 4, it should be possible to un-ignore fonts that have previously been deleted fom MainType (see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568). Otherwise it seems impossible to reintroduce (accidentally) deleted fonts.

Cheers,
Jan
MainType gives you 2 dialogs before deleting a font so that should already make you think twice before actually removing a font. But I agree that there can still be some "oops" situations, i've also put this on the "wishlist".

León

Enigma
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by Enigma » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:05 am

León Fridsma wrote:MainType gives you 2 dialogs before deleting a font so that should already make you think twice before actually removing a font.
Okay, I didn't try it, so I never saw these dialogs. It was more of a theoretical thought. Nevertheless it should be possible to change one's mind after a year or so... :mrgreen:
León Fridsma wrote:But I agree that there can still be some "oops" situations, i've also put this on the "wishlist".
Thank you!

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

chiwou
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Un-ignore deleted fonts

Post by chiwou » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 pm

I'd a similar issue with a corrupt font, MT just wouldn't let me install it, and even displayed it wrong, so I deleted it. But since it's a "feature" I couldn't reinstall it, so I had to recreate my whole vault, not very user friendly.
I think a good compromise would be if you scan your folder and it contains font that are not in the database because it was deleted, MT could ask if the font should be re-imported or something, or at least make it an option in the preferences.

I really like the new vault and database feature except this small issue, because Windows doesn't handle 2000 single fonts (in one folder :D ) really well, now I use the original zip files, Extract them in my scan folder and delete them again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests